'google658fd05d77029796.html' Everything is Hunky-dory | The Original Poetry




i love you
to say it itself, 
is trite
picture anyway, 
hardly bright

years of togetherness, memories’ lane,
usual tiff, everything down the drain
phone-call, electricity-bill, welcome-mat,
a bit of this, a bit of that

ready to pick up fight
busy to set it right, 
 issues my foot, 
devil may contrite

dogs put to shame
favorite sport, blame game!

Ah!

hasn’t life changed?
daedalean, deranged!

hazy hues, devil’s dues,
stuff like that, monsoon blues!

not actually!

in some corner of house, 
once in a while
we still croon along, 
as we silently smile

not that we always understand, 
still,
crossing the street, 
we quietly pickup the hand

finishing the argument, 
as we close the gate
we hardly say much, 
but ‘hug’ takes the cake

touch is quiet, silent are ways
rituals are less, worship is grace

it’s not perfect,
but it never was!
life; not the same,
but it never was!
amid all the tiff,
love still lingers!
it’s not vocal,
yet, in its fickle ways ,
musical!
It’s not a fairytale story,
yet, my friend,
everything is hunky-dory!



“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 

                                               ― Marilyn Monroe


Categories:

6 Responses so far.

  1. Ananya says:

    I could totally relate to this poem, beautifuly written !
    http://www.ananyatales.com/

  2. Nima Das says:

    I too could relate to this. Marriage and love is actually so simple just like this lovely poem of yours.

  3. jahid says:

    Bohut dino baad, Deepak Sir !!

  4. Anonymous says:

    Very nice, doc.Good going.

  5. Unknown says:

    behadd khoobsurat..pr love shit wali to bht hi pyari thi..thank u.itne lovely stuffs hmare sath share krne k liye

Leave a Reply

    Attribution

    Total Pageviews