'google658fd05d77029796.html' Dear Phone! | The Original Poetry



office to home
living same life everyday
made me realize your importance
dear phone!

when in deep melancholy
from an utterly boring monotony’
i cried out for help
i found no one but you
two world i twirled into
real was too real to handle
i switched to virtual
i found friends there
in hundreds now i have
they confided with me every detail
oh believe me
i could tell who is eating what
facebook it called!!

you are a magic box
i can’t take my eyes off you
until they burn bad
you are like drug addiction
i feel helpless without you

and before i could understand
i welcomed myself into a world of loners
they were all like me
staring at you every single minute
the insta people
the twitterati
craving for more hits on like
more people to connect
hoping that would change the world
my belief on disbelieving real actions
grew stronger
my mind stuck to what went viral

and now
i can’t differentiate between real and virtual
 i am hallucinating
you are eating my mind
controlling my life
wish i could dump you
but you know all my secrets
you play programmed art well
modern world’s smart hell!

A poem by Sudha Kripal
Blog - Sudha Kripal Photography



''The difference between technology and slavery is that slaves are fully aware that they are not free.''
                 - Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Leave a Reply

    Attribution

    Total Pageviews